Can HIV be transferred by drinking from an unsealed liqour bottle?

Dr. V. N. S. Parinam

Posted on Thu, 2 Nov 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Sir...i drank country liquor ...the boy brought me the bottle of country liqour which was not sealed(in a normal.water bottle) .I am afraid that maybe a few drops of blood was present in the liquor from the boys hand....I had one mouth ulcer also at that time...

1.Can i catch hiv from this??

2.I regularly drink fruit juices from outside....If a few dropa of blood from the juice maker's hand fall in the juice and i drink it...can i catch hiv from this??
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HIV virus would not survive the alcohol

Detailed Answer:

HIV virus cannot survive in the alcohol. When you say country liquor it has more formaldehyde which is even dangerous for the HIV to survive.
HIV virus cannot survive an environment outside human body fluids. So juices would not contain an active HIV virus. Most juices made on streets have sugar or lemon juice in them which is not safe for HIV to survive.
It is even more dangerous to have such liquor by a human. So I suggest to refrain from such habits in future.

Hope I made it clear.
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 3 hours later
maam...some doubts

1.if the fruit seller didnt put lemon or sugar in the juice then HIV can survive...??
2.Can HIV survive in sugarcane juice , apple juice, pomegranete juice without sugar or lemon?
3.I had a oral.ulcer in my mouth....does it pose additional risk??
4.Do i need to test i this case of drinking juices??
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 38 hours later
Brief Answer:
To the point

Detailed Answer:

Unlikely. HIV cannot survive.

No

No

You can safely consume juices.
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 25 hours later
Maam some questions

1. While i take alcohol or fruit juice......Do i need to check whether the man serving has his finger or.hand bleeding or not???
2.Can i be 100 percent sure that HIV will.not survive in fruit juices even if lemon or sugar is not added to it?

3.Maam.suppose i drank immediately made fruit juice and a drop of blood from.the man's hand fell.in the juice.....any risk?? it was immediately.made.juice maam...without lemon.or sugar
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
My answers

Detailed Answer:

NOT NECESSARILY. At this circumstances you should not be worried about HIV but other typhoid, hepatitis kind of infections.

YES

NO RISK