Suffering from hair loss problem. Any remedy?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Hair Loss
Question: I have a hair lossing problem
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

The condition you are having can be androgenetic alopecia or diffuse hair loss.
Androgenetic alopecia results in receding frontal hair line and thinning of hair and decreased density at top of the head.
In diffuse hair loss no fixed pattern is seen and hair loss is excessive.
Which of the two you have ?

Treatment of this condition is minoxidil and finasteride these are effective topically.Combination of the two drugs in lotion form is very safe and effective.

It has good effect should be continued for atleast 6 months for visible effects.

A visit to qualified dermatologist would be required for starting few prescription medicines.

Also few procedures like mesotherapy and dermaroller can help a lot.These procedures are available at dermatology clinics.

With proper tablets and procedures hair loss can be stopped and new hair growth can be achieved.

Till the time you can start tablet keraglo men one per day.
Keep good diet .Eat fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables daily.
Avoid direct sun and wind exposure to hair.
Avoid combing when wet.
Avoid harsh dyes /gels/oils /colors/shampoos.
You can use trigaine shampoo.
Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

Regards.

Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist