Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hair fall and dry scalp. Suggest some permanent treatment

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
Hello sir, I m 23 yrs old female and I m suffering from hairfall from last 3-4 years. I consulted dr batras but the treatment didnt helped at all. Then I also consulted a derma n he suggested to use mintop. I used it for some months but stopped using it when I came to know that its just a temprory solution and can have serious sideffects . Please help me, the hair on my left frontal area have reduced to quite an extent and the skin is also visinle. My hairline is also receeding. My scalp type is oily and hair type is dry. Please suggest me what to do, I m taking folliderm. Is mintop really harmful and has sideeffects? What else can be done to save my hair?
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 39 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are suffering is androgenetic alopecia.It occurs due to hormonal imbalance.
It is progressive condition, meaning if not treated it leads to bald patches.
Treatment of this condition is minoxidil and finasteride.these are effective topically.Combination of the two drugs in lotion form is very safe and effective.Morr F lotion is one such lotion.It has good effect should be continued for 1.5 years.

A visit to qualified dermatologist would be required for starting hormonal therapy.
also few procedures like mesotherapy and dermaroller can help a lot.These procedures are available at dermatology clinics.

with proper tablets and procedures hair loss can be stopped and new hair growth can be achieved.
Till the time you can start tablet keraglo XXXXXXX one per day.
hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.

Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from hair fall and dry scalp. Suggest some permanent treatment 2 hours later
Thanks for the instant reply sir, please resolve my following queries:

* I have already undergone no. of hormonal tests like TSH etc quite a no. of times as per docs recommendations, but all the reports were normal. Do i still need hormonal therapy?

* As for Morr F lotion, i have heard the situation gets worse when we stop using it, what % lotion should be used and in what duration? Will discontinuing it wont result in severe loss of hair?

* My scalp condition is oily with dry hair, so is there some foam available in place of lotion. I m using arnica shampoo these days, and mixture of almond, coconut and castor oil, can i switch to cantheridine hair oil? Does it yields any good results?

* Please suggest me some good derma in Lucknow City. I have previously consulted to Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

* I m talking Folliderm and hampher as supplements, have used keraglow forte before.. do i still need to switch to keraglow eva?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 5 hours later
Hi again,

keraglo XXXXXXX is new formulation you should take it one daily for atleast 3 months.
Has your testosterone level being done .It is measured in free testerone,total and dihydrotesterone level s.Wat r your levels?

Minoxidil ans fenasteride are safe topically and should continue it for 1.5 yr.after that you can taper it stop it.No harmful effects are seen.If you stop it midway then problems can occur.5% minoxidil is good for you .Also saw palmeto lotion is now available .You should apply it twice a day.It is natural supplement for finasteride.It is available by the name foligain lotion.
hair oils do not play any role in hair growth.
You can consult any reputed dermatologist with MD credentials.Mesotherapy and dermaroller is new treatment .You should go for it.

hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor