Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Suffering from erectile dysfunction and numbness in penis. What treatment is required?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
I used a rubber band to constrict the penis several times for sex and gave me an amazing erection like never before..... however, most recently there has been a decline in my erections and i have a feeling of numbness in the penis I have no sexual pleasure unless I ejaculate and i can only become semi erect cannot reach full erection on my own... cialis is not working or viagra or levitra... i have no sexual arousal and penis does not have spontaneous erections at all...I barely have an erection when i master abate. I was told i have very very low blood flow to penis and I am not seeing cardiologist. my total cholesterol is 235 and my triglycerides are 300 which i know is high. I am 6'2 at 215lbs could this be the reason that my arteries are blocked because of plaques that have built up over time ? and also does the low blood flow to penis explain why I have no sensation or arousal at this point ? I feel completely impotent please help me i used to have a great sex life now I am useless
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 31 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Sorry to hear about you.
Erectile dys-funtion is classified as neurogenic (nerve related), psychogenic ( mind related) and vasculogenic ( arterial , venous disease).
From the history, it looks like you may have arterial insufficiency due to atherosclerosis.
Things that would benefit you are---

1. Weight reduction (Around 85 kg would be ideal for you)
2. Light dinner.
3. Prolonged foreplay.
4. Increase the dose of cialis to 20 mg.
5. Regular exercise to get the vascular system in order.
5. Counseling by a psychologist.
6. Get lipids under control.
7. Kindly wait for a month or two to see if the above helps you.

Relax for a while and see if that helps. The more the stress and worry, the chances of spontaneous return of erections is less.
If not, kindly take medical advice if other modalities like VACUUM ERECTION DEVICE would help.
PENILE PROSTHESIS would be the last option.

Hope this helps. Kindly write back for doubts if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from erectile dysfunction and numbness in penis. What treatment is required? 35 minutes later
I will be doing all of that for sure in fact for the past few weeks I already have been doing all of what you have just mentioned except the prolonged foreplay as i have ceased all sexual activity until I overcome this obstacle. In your opinion do you believe that the total lack of arousal and total lack of pleasurable feeling in the penis is due to the diagnosis of low blood flow ? the only pleasurable feeling i get is when i ejaculate but that seems rather mechanical because there is no build up I don't feel horny ever under any you think it can be a result of the low blood flow or is there a possibility of something else that comes to mind ?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 45 minutes later

Welcome back.

The low blood flow is usually progressive and not sudden.
So in addition, i feel there may be mental issues (psychological factors) involved.
That is why, i think counseling by a psychologist will go a long way in FINDING ROOT CAUSE and get your confidence back.

Wishing you best sexual health,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from erectile dysfunction and numbness in penis. What treatment is required? 41 hours later
How will I know if i have nerve damage in my penis because I cannot feel any pleasurable feeling anymore unless i ejaculate. I did a biothesiometry test and I believe i passed that. What other tests should i be taking... Im not sure if i have nerve damage or arterial blockage from plaque..
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later

Welcome back.
Penile doppler study detects blood flow to the penis. It is done in flaccid and erectile state after injecting a medicine to the part.
Nerve is more of exclusion as there is always a underlying abnormality like spinal cord injury and so on--
Since you are ok, i dont suspect one.
Kindly go ahead with penile doppler.
Wishing you Best health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,  

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor