Suffering from epilepsy. Will it be safe to take eption 300mg after consuming alcohol?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Epilepsy
Question: I am suffering from epilepsy after an accident about an year ago. I've to take Eption 300mg daily after dinner. Is it safe if I take the medicine after consuming a limited amount of alcohol?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 17 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

It is not advisable to take medications for epilepsy after consuming alcohol.
The side effect of the medicine may get worsened by alcohol and also the effect of alcohol may increase due to the medicine.

Though limited amount of alcohol may not cause any serious side effects, I would still advice against taking them together.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini