Suffering from diabetes. Safe to take triglyncce and newrokem-m?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Diabetes
Question: HELLO SIR. mY WIFE IS SUGER PATIENT HER SUGER AT PRESENT 435 AFTER MEAL.DOCTOR PRESCRIBED HER 1. TRIGLYNCCE -2, TWO TAB DAILY. 2. NEWROKEM-M 1 TAB DAILY FOR 15 DAYS
PLEASE GUIDE & SUGGEST

THANKS & REGARDS
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 25 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, as you told, she is suffering from diabetes for the last 15 years. And now, she is having this uncontrolled sugar level, right?

In this condition, first she should be investigated for any kidney disease. Do a serum urea, creatinine, and HbA1C.

Treatment should be done according to the reports.

If she has normal reports then she can take these medications prescribed. But if the reports are abnormal indicating renal compromise, then she should be put on insulin. That is the only medicine that would be helpful.

If the reports are normal, continue the drugs. Buy a glucometer. Check her blood sugar every week. If, the sugar level is not going to be controlled within 2 weeks, you should consult with your treating doctor for starting insulin to avoid any unwanted complication.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.