Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Suffering from cough. AEC test done. Suggest some medicine to cure completely?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 598 Questions
I am suffering from cough from more than 10 yrs. I have tried various medicine.
Recently done a test at chettinad , chennai.
AEC test done in may 2012 -630
chest xray- normal
I was prescribed:
montec lc
unicontine-e 400
I have taken this for more than a month. sputum and wheezing.sometimes dry.
When i take the medicine this cough subsides. but when i stop taking medicine , the cough is back in onother few days.

Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 6 hours later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX
After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. Your clinical symptoms and investigations point to a diagnosis of ?cough variant asthma.

2. You need to visit a pulmonologist for further management.

3. You need to take the following:
a. A metered dose inhaler with formoterol + budesonide (Budamate metered dose inhaler with trans sapcer V)
1 puff in the morning and 1 puff in the evening

b. Continue montek LC

c. You can shift to Tb synasma (doxophylline) 400 mg twice a day instead of unicontin E.

d. For the cough , Cp. Benz pearls twice a day should be ok.

e. In case if you have associated cold, you need to take azeflo nasal spray.

f. Also take an antacid.

4. You need to continue inhalers for a minimum of 2 years of symptom free period.

5. Also do take yearly influenza and 5 yearly pneumococcal vaccines.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.


Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor