Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Suffering from chronic indigestion, depression, anxiety. Should I consult psychologist or gastrologist?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 492 Questions
I've been experiencing serious depression and anxiety since last year, i've also suffered from chronic indigestion even though various checkups have been carried out. I'm not sure if this is due to stress or diet. If it's due to stressful lifestyle, wouldn't it be too often to be anxious about everything at all the time? Do I need to see a psychology or a gastrologist?
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 10 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

Well you symptoms look like due to a combined problem but predominantly psychological.
Well you need to see both the doctors simultaneously and let their treatment go hand in hand.
Life style modification is really going to help.
Have disciplined life with regular eating, sleeping habits. Exercise regularly and try meditating along with other means to cut down stress. Give health a priority over other things as you are just 18 yrs now.

Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor