Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Suffering from back pain. Diagnosed with kidney stone. No stone detected in USG. What test should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2610 Questions
I was suffering from Back Pain 2 Years back & my Doctor advised me for USG & i was diagnosed with stones in Kydney. Though i have not taken any medicine since then but when i got USG done again now there is no stone detected this time. Kindly suggest is it possible & should i go for further test.
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 days later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I think the doctor might have advised you to have plenty of fluids when you had stones.
Treatment depends on the type of stone and the severity of your symptoms. Kidney stones that are small usually pass on their own. When the stone passes, the urine should be strained so the stone can be saved and tested.
If the stone is not detected in the present USG, i think it might be small one and had passed in your urine. Presently i don't think you need to worry.
As you had a history of stones, drink plenty of fluids (6 - 8 glasses of water per day) to produce enough urine.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor