Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Suffer from anxiety from childhood. Having anxiety, negative perception and low esteem. Guide?

May 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 6506 Questions
I am suffering from anxiety problem right from my childhood. I am now 50 years old and suffer from anxiety, negative perception of self, very low self esteem and low concentration, attention deficiency, inability to complete simple tasks
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

As you have described, you have anxiety since childhood and presently suffer from anxiety, negative perception of self, very low self-esteem and low concentration, attention deficiency, inability to complete simple tasks.

If I were your treating doctor, I would take detailed history from your childhood (whatever your remember of it) and ask about your adolescence, youth and up to the present. The presence of a close family member would be excellent as I would be in a position to evaluate your family environment and provide guidance.

After taking detailed history, I would also administer few psychological assessment tasks, which you will have to do to the best of your ability. Your higher mental functions, memory, concentration, attention span would all be discussed in depth.

Then, once evaluation is complete, I would advise you to consider behavior therapy, stress reduction and mind relaxation techniques and anger management if your need them.

A medicine may also be prescribed if felt necessary.

Hope this helps.

Further questions are always welcome.

If you have no questions, please close this thread and post a feedback.

Dr Vivek
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor