Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Sudden lower abdominal pain, vomit sensation and gastritis. Looking for advice

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
I have sudden lower abdomenal pain, and also a contractions kind pain in my vagina, and feel like going to bathroom, even my rectum pains extremly sometime i feel like vomiting as well, when I get this pain I also see my stomach bulging out and have a gastretitis problem as well. This has been happening to me for 3 yrs now, checked for urinary Infection, Sugar test, BP (all are normal) took scans, and pelvic scan too. (Fatty liver, cystitis)

Please advice if this should have some other dimensions to be looked at?
Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query. I have gone through your history and laboratory investigation in details.

According to your clinical presentation,you are most probably suffering from Interstitial Cystitis or Painful Bladder Syndrome (PBS) with co-existence of gastritis as other findings are within normal limit. Mild fatty liver does not has much clinical significance but enlarged fatty liver may cause digestion problem.

You may need to undergo a complete pelvic examination along with other investigation like Potassium Sensitivity Test (PST) of bladder, Cystoscopy under anesthesia with bladder distension etc to come out a definite diagnosis for Interstitial Cystitis or PBS. Certain treatment protocol like Heparinoid group of drug therapy, Bladder distension, Bladder instillation (intravesical therapy) and Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS), a form of non surgical neuro modulation are also advisable.

Severity of gastritis is also needed to be ruled out by Vitamin-B12 assay or Endoscopy of gastrointestinal tract,complete blood count etc.
In this scenario, hormonal test like Thyroid profile is very much helpful.

So please consult with your Urologist and Physician regarding this and take suggestive measures for proper guideline & medication.

Do following things for life style modification and prevention of above condition:
1) Avoid salty/ fatty/ spicy food including tea or coffee.
2) Eat leafy vegetables and drink lots of fluid/water.
3) Avoid stress by doing regular XXXXXXX breathing (20-30 times) or yoga
4) Take healthy diet with Multivitamins/Iron supplements.
5) Don't stay in empty stomach for long time
6) Do light exercise to control body weight and relax in free time.
7) Need adequate rest and proper sleep at least 6-8 hrs daily.
8) Maintain genital hygiene properly & do Pelvic Floor Exercise regularly.
9) Preferably one psychological counseling regarding this.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish your good health in future.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor