Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Stones found in upper kidney. Suffering from pain. Can I ask a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1775 Questions

kindly advise me
i am suffring stone pain.... pls advise me 5mm stone found in uper kidney
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

Do you have symptoms with the stone? Or just it was detected by routine health check up?

The size of the stone is small enough to pass through by normal gravity and flushing by urine formation.

I suggest you to increase the intake of fluids where there is more urine formation and the stone can pass down. You can wait for the stone to pass down. Sometimes the stone can stuck in the ureters at some kinks where the ureter rotates. In such a case the Urologist can do a cystoscopy and pull the stone.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor