Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Sperm analysis. Possibility of being a father?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12754 Questions
hello sir, here are the results from my sperm analsys. Will I be able to have children volume 1.0, P.H 7.2, viscosity moderate, sperm concentration 7.52, ejaculation count 7.52, total motile sperm count 3.52, motile sperm 46.8, and normal morpholgy 28%
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

Let me interpret your results:

The volume of semen less than 1 ml is abnormal.The liquefaction of the semen should occur in 10 to 30 minutes and ph should indicate it to be alkaline(between 7.2 and 7.8).

Sperm count is the total number of sperms in a sample and should not be less than 15 million.

Motility is the movement of the sperms and in sample at least 50% of the sperms should be motile from which at least 20% of the sperms should progress rapidly.

Pus cells can vary and 5 or 6 are normal in a sample.

Your report suggests that you have a slightly decreased sperm counts.The reproductive capability is slightly reduced.

Semen analysis has to be repeated to confirm if there is actual reduction of sperm count.

Some suggestions for you:

1) Have a healthy nutritious diet comprising fruits, veggies, salads etc. Include bananas, avocados, nuts, tomatoes, oysters as they help in increasing sperm count.
2) Take a Zinc supplementation once daily for few months.
3) Abstain from smoking and alcohol.
4) Do some form of exercise daily.
5) Avoid stress and practice meditation.

Consider visiting an Infertility Specialist for thorough evaluation.

At this stage I think it may be difficult to have a child.

Hope I have answered your query.

Kindly repeat sperm count few days later.

I will be available for follow up if any.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor