Sore throat. Medical cure for this?

Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty

Pediatrician

Posted on Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Thanks Dr.
I am having the sore throat glands on right side is little swallown and paining.
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be because of infection.

Detailed Answer:

I can understand your concern.

Your complaints are suggestive of infection of the throat. A physical examination by your doctor will reveal a red and congested throat with or without right tonsil enlargement. A throat swab for culture can be performed after physical examination to isolate the causative organism.

Your doctor may start on antibiotics after confirming the diagnosis. We normally start on antibiotics like Amoxycllin etc for such condition for our patients.

In the mean time, salt water gargling can help you. If there is significant pain then Paracetamol can be tried.

Hope this helps. Continue to ask further queries as required.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
M.D.(Pediatrics)
Associate Professor of Pediatrics

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad