Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

174 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Sore throat. Medical cure for this?

Answered by
Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty


Practicing since :1998

Answered : 1846 Questions

Posted on Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Thanks Dr.
I am having the sore throat glands on right side is little swallown and paining.
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be because of infection.

Detailed Answer:

I can understand your concern.

Your complaints are suggestive of infection of the throat. A physical examination by your doctor will reveal a red and congested throat with or without right tonsil enlargement. A throat swab for culture can be performed after physical examination to isolate the causative organism.

Your doctor may start on antibiotics after confirming the diagnosis. We normally start on antibiotics like Amoxycllin etc for such condition for our patients.

In the mean time, salt water gargling can help you. If there is significant pain then Paracetamol can be tried.

Hope this helps. Continue to ask further queries as required.
Take care.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Tonsil

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, my son 8.5 yrs old suffering from breathing problem from last 7.5 yrs. He had undergone adenoids and tonsils operation 2 yrs back. Still he raises his head every now & then for gasping. He can not stand straight even for 0.5 minute , he needs to bend his neck in backward direction to reduce congection in his neck. He always complaint of having pain in the neck near throat. I have shown this to many doctors, MRI scanning of his brain , barium swallow tests is done, neurological test and sight tests are also done All tests and reports are normal. My son is living normal life even having this big health problem and he never complains about it. We have stopped showing this to the doctors since it was not getting diagnosed by anyone! But now a days frequency of his raising head for gasping has been drastically increased. He is in 3rd std. now. Though is bright student at school , he losses concentarion because of this health problem. Please help Regards, Kishor Sonawane 0000

doctor1 MD

Last month (Early December) I was having ear pain, sore throat, cough, and mucus/runny nose. I also noticed a grouping of about 3 or 4 white spots(inflamed with puss-like characteristics). I had my tonsils removed about 8 years ago. My doctor said I had a regular infection it ll pass in 2 weeks, and the symptoms were gone. Yesterday I looked in my throat and those spots are identical and haven t resolved. When I was younger I had strep with the tonsil stones but this is not it. I snore. Have sore throats in the morning. Sacks or bumps in throat are not at all painful. My tongue is white at the very back of it. Doctor took a culture and it wasn t strep. Also I have put on about 12-20 lbs. since summer of 2010 and. H doctor is worried a out dibetes and cholesterol tests. Does anyone know what this is? Thank you.

doctor1 MD

My sister had her tonsils removed about two years ago they were so infected that she was on a high dose anbx for 2 for about a year she has had a sore throat and white phlegm in her throat she was finally seen for this and a fungal culture was done which showed that she did have candida in the throat she has been treated with swish and swallow flucatizone and also then treated with a throat lozenge which I can t remember the name of and has also been given another anbx which I also cant remember in any case none of these have helped and she still has this now more recently she has noticed a black spot in her throat as well what is going on ??? A little hx she has ms and has been taking copaxone until around four months ago she was taken off and started on tysabri she has also already been tested for HIV and this was all negative???

doctor1 MD

I am a 16 year old male, 5'9'' and 150lbs and for a week now i have woken up every morning by a fast heart rate, naseau, and diarreah. on two occasions it has made me vomit. i do not drink or do drugs, i do not drink alot of caffiene, and i have only had one surgery: my tonsils were removed a long time ago. please tell me what this is and how to cure it?

doctor1 MD

Hi there I’m a 42 yo healthy male with mild psoriasis and psuedogout. Recent routine blood tests were normal. Three weeks ago whilst I had a mild sore throat and cold, I discovered a raised lymph node on my right side of neck 2 inches down from...

doctor1 MD

I have a small lump on my tonsil . It's pink, round and smooth. About the size of a pen tip. I believe it noticed it a few months ago but only recently got concerned now that it seems I can "feel" it. If I poke at it with a tooth pick, I can...

doctor1 MD

Throat hurts when I sniff or swallow side of neck and throat also sensitive on right side only