Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Social anxiety and phobia. Treated with SSRI medications. Permanent cure possible through Stablon?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 436 Questions
I am suffereing from social anxiety / phobia since last few years. I get lots of sweating during social situations. I had been treated with most of the types of SSRI (like paroxetine, Veniz, Fluoxitine, Ecitalopram etc) but no benefits. Also I tried propenolol, clonazeam etc. Can I take Stablon (SSRE) 12.5 mg? I read good feedback on Stablon on internet like less side effects etc. How will I completely get cured.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

You have provided me with good information.

You are suffering from social anxiety/phobia and undergone treatment with SSRI (Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors).

Stablon (SSRE) is is a serotonin reuptake accelerator and works opposite to the action of SSRI's. Stablon medicine is used in major depression, depressed bipolar disorder, dysthymia or adjustment disorder. Stablon does not appear to be associated with adverse cognitive, psychomotor, sleep, cardiovascular or bodyweight effects and has a low propensity for abuse.

It is good drug, but before changing to this medication, you will need to consult your physician. If you stop your previous medication suddenly or add a new medication, there might be many side effects. There is a possibility you will get cured, along with this you can try other forms of treatment like cognitive behavioural therapy too.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Social anxiety and phobia. Treated with SSRI medications. Permanent cure possible through Stablon? 23 minutes later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX for the prompt reply. I would like to know who are good CBT specialists in Pune (India). Thanks in advance.
Answered by Dr. Radhika 19 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.

Thanks for your appreciation. I am providing the address of the doctor below.
Shreeyash hospital, 2nd floor, Opposite to Chitale Mithai, Deccan, Near Garware bridge- Pune
Time - 11AM TO 1PM & 6- 9 pm Daily.

There are patient written reviews for doctors in our listing; those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor