Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Smoker. How to quit smoking and what tests should be done to check status of body parts?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
I smoke around 8-10 cigs a day and i have been smoking since last 3-4 years now am afraid of my health and i tried a lot to quit my smoking but i never succeed in this.
i saw a ad about e-cig but my frnds who have used e-cig suggests it doesnt work.
can u help me how cn i quit this and what all tests should i do to check what is the status on my body parts because of smoking
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

First of all congratulations on your thought to quit smoking,though out of fear you are thinking about quitting smoking is a first step in the direction.

It takes lots of motivation and strong mental courage to quit smoking,those who decides can definitely do it and you will surely able to do it.

The best option for you is to consult a de-addiction specialist in your city,most of psychiatrist can help you with this.

There are different preparations like nicotine patch,chewing gums are available which can help.

You need to make strong commitment,make up your mind and you can surely do it.Just skip the company of friends who are smoking,keep your self busy and identify the moment which prompts you to smoke,just the change the thing that you are doing at that moment.

At present to have idea about your health you should visit a doctor and get your self examined.

If needed your doctor will advise some tests like X XXXXXXX chest,pulmonary function test to check the capacity of lungs.

I hope this helps,

Wishing you all the best for your effort.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Addiction Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor