Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Skin between my vagina and bum hole is red and itchy. Put savlon. What else can be used?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9396 Questions
The skin between my vagina and bum hole is really red and itchy, can I put savlon on this or what would you recommend?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Avoid savlon ma'am, need tests

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

It would be best to avoid the use of savlon ma'am, as such a presentation usually takes place due to infections. If you do not mind me asking, do let me know if you have any of the following symptoms:
-Frequent urination
-Itching around your genitals
-Burning sensation while urinating
-Vaginal discharge
-Increased urge to urinate but less urine passed
-If you are sexually active, then burning sensation in vagina after intercouse
-Foul smelling genitals or discharge

The reason why I have stated the above symptoms is because the most common causes for a presentation similar to yours are infections (yeast, bacterial, viral), vulvovaginitis (inflammation and infection of the vagina), UTI), etc.

Please visit a doctor to conduct a urine and vaginal examination ma'am. Only these investigations would help in making a diagnosis and treating you, if I were your doctor I would have done the same.

Please drink plenty of water, avoid wearing undergarments, avoid sexual contact (if you are sexually active), and please visit your doctor at the earliest.

Hope this information helps. Please feel free to write back to me for any furher clarifications.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor