Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Should red lesion on eyelid be drained using a warm cloth?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1775 Questions
Hi! I have a red/white blob on the outside and inside of my eyelid. I have been putting warm cloth on it, Has been draining should I go to the doctor, or let it go by itself?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looks like stye Detailed Answer: Hi The description sounds like stye. You are doing the right thing by putting warm cloth on it. Increase the frequency and there is no active intervention needed by a doctor for two weeks. Do it for five times and for 5 minutes each time. For pain you can take over the counter Ibuprofen/Acetaminophen according to dose. If it does not get better you can then see a doctor for drainage.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Should red lesion on eyelid be drained using a warm cloth? 13 minutes later
Is there anything else that I should be doing for it? I thought it was a stye,but did not know it could be on inside and outside.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Hot compresses are the main stay of treatment Detailed Answer: Hi, Sebaceous glands are part of the eyelids if they are blocked it leads to stye. They are on both sides of the eyelids. I do not think there is anything else to be done. As I said if it pains you can take Ibuprofen up to 400mg. Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor