Should I tell the gynecologist I had an abortion?
I was 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I had a medical abortion less than a week ago. I'm still bleeding a little more than my normal flow. I'd like to follow up with my regular GYN. Will my GYN know that I had an abortion or will it look like a miscarriage?
Thanks for the query.
Its normal to bleed for a week or more in case of medical abortion.There may be passage of large clots also.This should gradually become much less.You should definitely follow up with your GYN.If you underwent medical abortion without medical advice then you need to tell your Gyn the truth immediately.There could have been medical consequences if you had this abortion without medical advice.You also need an ultrasound to check for remnants of conception.In which case,you may need a check curettage.
I urge you to see your doctor and be truthful about your condition so that you may get the correct treatment.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Should i consult the gynecologist or urologist for the uti
- Should i consult a gynecologist while trying to conceive
- Gynecologist in adambakkam
- Gynecologist in bhatinda
- When should women stop seeing the gynecologist
- Advice from gynecologist about abortion
- Should i see a man or woman gynecologist
- Having irregular period problem should i consult a gynecologist
- Should i tell the gynecologist i had an abortion
- Having irregular period taking loseasonique should i consult a gynecologist
- Planing for baby, dont get orgasm. Frequency of intercourse?
- Heaviness,pushing feeling in vagina
- Menstrual period since 15 days,dark brown with lots of clots,using implanon
- Diet advice for gastritis?
- Diffuse fatty infiltration of liver,body mass index is 30.7
- Uncontrolled nausea,lower abdomen cramps,extreme fatigue,missed birth...
- Lump at the bottom of vulva, bleeding, oozing. Swab was normal. What can...
- Mild heart attack, gone unnoticed, infarction in the EKG
- Why am I getting constant cramps and lost the desire for sex ?
- Hydrocele,no pain, taken hetrazan. Surgery?