Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Should I be concerned about a small movable lump in right armpit area?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5762 Questions
Hello, I recently noticed a small moveable lump in my right armpit area. It has been there less than one week. It seems to come and go depending on if I take Advil or not. Should I be concerned?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: You should not ignore it. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. This movable lump is most likely a lymph node. You should not ignore such symptom. It can appear due to some infection in the arm or breast. It can be also a symptom of breast cancer. Please visit your doctor, have physical examination of lymph nodes, breasts examination, breast and armpits ultrasound. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor