Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Sexually active. How to increase time of turgor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 127 Questions
Hi! My name is XXXXXX, PHD (Neuroscience) MA, MS, BA, BS, EMT-B, EMT-P, CCRN. At 46, after 6 years of no intercourse, I am with a new lady and it is great except I used to maintain full turgor erections 4x as long as now; how can I increase time of turgor, and tolerance of "super hard thrusting" which she likes (new to me) and remain erect?
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 19 hours later
Thanks for the query in XXXXXXX

Libido and erectile function are altered by
Stress, Depression, Medications for Depression and Hypertension, Low Testosterone level, Age, Smoking, Obesity / Lack of exercise, Vascular insufficiency etc.
Decrease in time of ejaculation (Premature ejaculation) is due to decreased frequency of sexual activity, increased sensation of penis, Performance anxiety.

I would suggest the following:

1. Penile Doppler study to rule out any vascular defects

2. Involve yourself in anti stress activities like meditation, yoga and pranayama.

3. Consult your psychiatrist regarding the sexual side effects of medications.

4. If these do not help, you can take Phosphodiesterase inhibitors like tadalafil can boost your confidence for erectile dysfunction. Drugs like Dapoxetine has been found to be effective for increasing the time of ejaculation.These are prescription drugs and I would suggest you see your physician for the same.

6. Sex Therapy: Sex Therapy is an effective method of desensitizing fear or performance anxiety. Sex Therapy can be provided by a Sexual Medicine consultant or Sex Therapist. Consider visiting at your location.

I hope I have addressed your concerns in detail. Still, I would be available for follow ups.

Wish you healthy sexual life

Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine
"great sex.happy life"

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Sexually active. How to increase time of turgor? 6 hours later

My PHD is from Emory College of Medicine, but despite being a "western" educated person, I believe in meditation etc., the doppler test regarding the penile circulatory system never occured to me, though I've consulted as a PHD in Neuroscience in CVA, stroke, anneurysm, with this technology many times!

Sex therapy I confess I am "naive" about; is this cognitive behavioral therapy or with a surrogate? I ask only because my fiance 6 years ago died in a car crash, and my new one is my first partner since 2006; I want monogamy (though professionally I have no qualms with surrogates).

Also, I took multiple meds up until 2011- all the SSRIs, depakote, lisinopril, as I ballooned up during my depression from 197 to 293 lbs (now am at 196 lbs as I am training to be flight medic at 188 lbs; my cholesterol has dropped 80%, triglycerides over 95%, heart from bp 180/140 to 120/90!

drugs you mentioned are not same as viagra, cialis or levitra are they? only reason, I understand their mech. and hope I can treat problem, not just symptom!

Dr. XXXXXX Moyers, DVM, PHD, MA,MS,BA,BS,EMT-B,E+MT-Paramedic
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 26 hours later
Dear Doctor,

Meditation definitely relieves stress and provides you positive energy.
Sex therapy do not mean surrogacy.
It is a type of counseling done by a Sex Therapist / Sexual Medicine consultant. Tadalafil is the generic name of Cialis.
Obesity can cause sexual dysfunction as well depression.
Sex Therapy cures the problem and is not merely a symptom reliever.
You can consult a good sex therapist at your place.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor