Severe stomach ache after taking food. Not cured by medicine. Suggest effective medicine?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am XXXXXXX. Male. My age is 30. Since last one month, after taking food, I get severe stomach ache. Its like burning sensation. I consulted several doctors and as per their advices, I used Omeprazole, Rabiprazole, esomprazole etc and it didnt help. for the last two days, as per the doctor's advice, I started taking neksium-40 and Sukrafill syrup morning and evening before food. Metrogyl and busopan after food morning and night. But still I see no improvment in the situation. I am facing with the sever gas problem. Motion is not happening properly. Kindly help
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 10 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Your symptoms are suggestive of acid peptic disease. Medications like omeprazole, rabiprazole and neksium should be helpful. But since you are not having any relief, I would suggest and upper GI endoscopy to rule out ulcer disease.

Constipation also can cause abdominal discomfort. Drink plenty of fluids, eat high fiber diet that includes lot of vegetables and fruits. Take fiber supplements
( eg.Cremadiet Duo).

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini.