Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Semen analysis & semen culture report. What medication should i take for cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
I had Semen analysis and cuture.
Semen culture shows 1 bacteria
org 1:esch . coli moderte growth with sensitive to : gentamicin,imipenem,amikacin
and resistant to : Ampicillin, ciprofloxacin,cefotaxime, cefazolin. please help me what is it means. which medicine i should take to remove this becteria,

my semen Anaysis report is as:
Total Serperm concentration 52 m
percentage motility 40%
vitality 40%
morphology 80%

Please help to recover myself.

Posted Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query and sharing your report.

As per your report things are very clear.

Resistant drugs means-these drugs are not effective.
Sensitive drugs means-they are effective.

Apart from selection drugs, frequency of dosage, route of administration and its proper dosing is equally important.

All the sensitive drugs are in injectable drugs. Means you have taken them via injection.

So it is advisable you please discuss this with your doctor and take the medicines only as per his advice.

A complete course will take care of infection and you will be cured of the disease. Please do not take anything on your own.
I hope this helps

Do write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Semen analysis & semen culture report. What medication should i take for cure? 16 minutes later
Please suggest the any doctor in Ghaziabad-Noida. Please let me know criticality of report. What you say about this report. Do I need doctor treatment or not?
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 13 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

Sorry I forget to comment on your report.

There is nothing serious in the report; still any infection must not be ignored. It is important to know the possible source of infection.

Yes, you need to visit a doctor. It is better that you visit a urologist who can help with this.

You can talk to your family doctor, who is the best person who can suggest one to you.

Alternatively there many good hospital like apollo,fortis XXXXXXX etc. are there. You can visit them and consult a urologist who can help with this.

After completion of course of medicines, your doctor will advise repeat semen test.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor