Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Right testicle seems harder than the left, get pain on masturbation, have difficulty in walking, brown marks near armpits. Cause?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9585 Questions
My right testicle is much larger and harder than my left testicle. When I press my left testicle even slightly, it begins to hurt, whereas my right testicle can accommodate a lot of pressure. Also, whenever I masturbate, my right testicle and my right leg from my waist down begins to hurt. I experience a lot of difficulty walking and my whole leg as well as my testicle experience pain during walking. Also, from waist down, including the hip, the right side of my body is much thinner and a little shorter compared to my left side. As for the rest of the body, the right side is slightly thinner, softer and weaker. Also, this pain thing is going on for more than 5-6 years and has increased in the recent years. Please help. Apart from that, I never get clean bowel movements ever and have reddish brown marks appearing near my armpits and shoulder blades.
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 31 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
noticed size of your Rt. testicle to be larger than left one since last 5-6 years also there is pain in your body on Rt,side and Rt. Leg.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to make comments on your problem.
1) Do you have fever associated with these symptoms ?
2) Do you ave any enlarged lymph nodes in groin ?
3) Did you sustain injury to your testicles before getting these symptoms.?

This could be either du to simple Hydrocele or may be due to Testicular Tumour.
However final diagnosis can be confirmed on clinical evaluation by a qualified general surgeon.

I would suggest you to consult General Surgeon for clinical examination and get following tests done to come to diagnose your problem.
1) Basic Tests like Routine Urine tests
2) Haemogram
3) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen and Scrotum.

Further treatment will be decided by him and on results of these tests.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Right testicle seems harder than the left, get pain on masturbation, have difficulty in walking, brown marks near armpits. Cause? 10 minutes later

Thanks for your inputs.
To answer your queries:
1. There is no fever associated with any of the symptoms
2. I do not know how to check for the enlarged lymph nodes
3. As far as injury goes, I have had a lot of them before the onset of these symptoms. Although, I cannot be sure if these symptoms appeared just after one of those injuries.

One more thing. I have had X-rays and MRI scan done when I was being examined for the shortening and thinning of my legs; they were of my spinal region. Don't you think any sign of cancer could have been detected in any of those tests? Also, given the length of my discomfort, can't we rule out cancer?

Please advice, I want to get a fair bit of idea before I visit a physician.

Thanks and Regards.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Thanks for feedback.
The lymph nodes in the groins can be palpated as small lumps of a size of pea nuts in the groin.

MRI of a spine will not detect any cancer of the testicle as it it is targeted at spines only.

Since swelling of the testicle is of long duration it is most likely to be due to simple Hydrocele which can be confirmed on clinical examination and test what is called as trans illumination in darkness.

So please consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical examination to confirm the diagnosis.
Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor