Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Red and itchy skin growth on anus. How to remove this?

User rating for this question
Answered by

HIV AIDS Specialist
Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 2697 Questions
I have a skin tag on my anus for some time,, I've noticed I know have another small skin tag that is red and quite itchy.
I've also had a check up and had mollusc an warts on my groin area. What's worrying me is the red small hanging skin tag om my anus.
Please advise
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 33 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query.

You had not mentioned about your sexual activities and sexual preferences.

Molluscum Contageousum is different from warts. can you little more clarify your lesions over groin?

Regarding the anal skin tag may be anal wart or just a skin tag or an external pile mass. If you can send the photograph of the lesion, it will throw more idea on this.
Meanwhile it advisable for you to XXXXXXX a surgeon and get examined by him and he will direct you for further management.

Wish you get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Red and itchy skin growth on anus. How to remove this? 4 minutes later
I noticed you are a HIV specialist , should I worry ?
How do I send you a picture ?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 27 minutes later
Wart and Molluscum are easily treatable. There are many modalities of treatment available. External piles is also treatable by a minor surgery, if necessary. Nothing serious. If you have high risk sexual contacts then you have to go for a blood screening for STD/HIV
Nowadays nothing is serious and can be treatable. Your physician will able to guide you better.
Relax, You will be alright.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Red and itchy skin growth on anus. How to remove this? 3 minutes later
Thank you.
Did you view the pictures ?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 minutes later

Thanks for your feed back and I saw the pictures. It neither seems to be warts nor Molluscum. It is more like an external pile mass along with a fissure.
Please consult your surgeon, he/she will guide you for further treatment.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor