Quitted smoking. Feeling dizzy and noticed redness on cheek. Should I be worried?

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: I recently quit smoking, and have been feeling relatively crappy lately, including some dizzy spells. Today at work my cheeks got bright red and warm to the touch. Upon driving home I stopped at a pharmacy to get my BP checked and it was 166/98.. should I be worried?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 27 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is great indeed that you quit smoking.
Congratulations.
Keep it up.
The ‘feelings’ / withdrawal symptoms will disappear with time.

The blood pressure is moderately elevated.
You have to check it again / more than once to be sure.
If high, you need treatment.
In view of you young age, you may need quite a few investigations to exclude treatable cause, if any
You should see an Internist

Dizziness / red cheeks are unlikely to be related to this – a different issue, altogether.
It may an allergy causing the rash
An ear problem is the usual reason for dizziness
A virus infection could cause both
Your GP should have a look at it, for a proper diagnosis

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck