QUICK QUESTION I HAD A HEART XXXXXXX JULY OF 2015

Cardiologist
Question
QUICK QUESTION I HAD A HEART XXXXXXX JULY OF 2015 AND SHOWED MINOR BULID UP IN MY MID LAD AND THE REST WERE GOOD HOW LONG ARE THESE TESTS GOOD FOR. MY CHOLESTEROL IS DOWN TO 102 AND HAVE PASSED 2 ECHO STRESS TESTS IN THE LAST 8 MONTHS
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that these coronary angiography results are quite good and are not a matter of concern.

As long as you have a good control of your cardiovascular risk factors (normal blood pressure values, normal fasting glucose, normal blood lipid profile, no obesity, no smoking, no alcohol intake) there is nothing to worry about.

I would just recommend periodical check up every 6 months (resting ECG, blood lipid profile,fasting glucose, liver and kidney function tests) and follow a healthy lifestyle:

- avoid smoking contacts
- follow a healthy diet (Mediterranean Diet is recommended)
- perform a lot of physical activity (walking, running, aerobics, recreational sports, etc.)
- try to maintain a normal body weight and lose some weight if you are overweight.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again!

Wishing good health,

Dr. Iliri

Follow-up: QUICK QUESTION I HAD A HEART XXXXXXX JULY OF 2015 1 hour later
Thanks for the answer, i do drink and do have a bmi of 39, those are major things that i should work on everyone tells me that with my low cholesterol 104..low ldl 54 tri's of 105 and glucose 95 i should not have a worry but as we all know that thoughts of heck is it getting worse stay there i think thats why the echo stress in sept that lasted 11 minutes and ef of 60
Follow-up: QUICK QUESTION I HAD A HEART XXXXXXX JULY OF 2015 7 minutes later
in quick continuation with all the tests i have had over the last 3 years i should get my weight down and keep eating better and relax every little pain i feel in my chest area is most likly muscular skelatal or consto condritious sorry bad spelling

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

Thank you for the additional information!

As long as you have a normal blood lipid profile, normal blood pressure values and no clinical symptomatology (chest pain during physical exertion, shortness of breath, etc.) there is nothing to worry about.

If the chest pain is triggered by deep breathing or body movement it is very likely to be of musculo-skeletal origin (including chostochondritis). In such case, acetaminophen can help against the pain.

Gastro-esophageal reflux should also be taken into consideration, especially if the pain is triggered by spicy food. In such case taking an antiacid and try to avoid large meals and spicy food would be helpful.

Regarding your body weight, I would recommend trying to lose some pounds. Consulting with a dietitian can help in this regard.

It is also important to try to be active. Aerobics, walking, or swimming can be more suitable for you, considering your body weight.

Hope to have clarified some of your uncertainties!

I remain at your disposal for any further questions,

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Best wishes, Dr. Iliri