Prolonged fever even after taking keflex. What could be wrong?

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal

Posted on Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: Daily low grade fever daily after 5 pm. Sinus stones that have not been completely formed/hardened. Have been on 500 mg keflex 1-2 daily for 3-4 weeks. No change
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Tests required to rule out lung/sinus's malignancy Detailed Answer: Hi Ma'am, Thanks for your query. I wish you had given as much information as possible, about other associated symptoms (such as, weight loss, cough with sputum, blood-mixed sputum; nasal discharge, if any; kidneys/abdominal problems, bowel movements, urinary problems; vaginal discharge, if any; angina/heart disease; diabetes etc...); any lumps in the neck, armpits, groin areas * However, from the sketchy information available, tuberculosis, a growth/lesion or malignancy of lungs/sinuses or any other organ/system, should be suspected in a chronic smoker with prolonged, intermittent low fever. * There are other causes of prolonged fever, such as connective tissue disorders, autoimmune disorders, lymphomas, malaria- to name a few. However, I cannot comment on these conditions in the absence of additional information. Consult your doctor and discuss the entire case with him. He will examine you, order tests including, X-ray/CT Scan of Lungs and Sinuses and- based on the tests' reports- will chalk out the best course of action. I will be happy to answer further clarifications, if any. Fond regards, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E