Prescribed retin-a micro gel for wart on forehead. How to get rid of this?
Flat warts are skin coloured flat lesions over skin. These are caused by papilloma virus.
The treatment advised by your dermatologist was apt. Retino A being a keratolytic helps in treating flat warts.
You may try applying a salicylic acid ointment over the wart using a tooth pick, protect the surrounding areas by applying a petroleum jelly. Daily application will peel off the superficial layers and hence remove the wart.
Other option would be weekly spot chemical peel with trichloroacetic acid till the wart goes away.
However the best and definite single sitting treatment is to get the lesion cauterised either by electro cautery or radio frequency cautery.
I would advice you to get it cauterised. You may contact your dermatologist for the same.
Hope that answers your query. Should there be more query,I would be happy to assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will dettol get rid of warts
- How to get rid of warts on the neck
- How to get rid of warts on hands
- Noticed warts on scrotum how to get rid of it
- Retin a micro gel
- Retin a micro gel 0.04
- How to get rid of a wart or pimple on my scrotum
- How to get rid of genital warts or throat warts
- How to get rid of painful wart on sole
- Wart on the forehead