Prescribed nevamac eye drops, chymoral for bleeding eye and mild cataract. What is the disease?

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My father was prescribed Nevamac eye drops, tab chymoral and tab celin 500mg. He mentioned something about bleeding in the eye.. he has mild cataract too.. what could be the real issue ? I need to understand the gravity of the situation with his eye which I am not able to decipher in order to decide whether or not to go for a second opinion... BP & Blood Sugar of my dad is normal.. i do have his sye sight report too if it is required for a comment.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 12 hours later

Thanks for posting your query and sharing your concern about your father.

The medicines,

Nevamac eye drops
Chymoral forte

Are used in most of the cases to reduce pain and swelling inside eye. The reason could be any.Celin is vit c.Which promotes healing.

There are 2 situations:

1.Visible bleeding means that you can see your self, does not warrant any serious problem. The reasons could be sudden rise in Blood Pressure or some injury.Rise in blood pressure could be momentarily,still you need to a keep a track of his blood pressure on regular basis,if this is the case.

2.In case the bleeding is XXXXXXX and he is having some visual problem you should seek second opinion just to be doubly sure.

I hope this clarifies your concern.

Wishing him good health.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow up: Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 15 minutes later
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your reply. The bleeding is not visible and could be detected only through the test that the opthalmist conducted during the visit.
Regarding vision impairment, he does wear spectacles but hasnt really complained about not being able to see clearly.
BP has not been checked daily, but on a regular basis, say weekly or sometimes twice in a week but there hasnt been any abnormality noted.
Could there be any other reason ? Or could it just be a one off happenstance ?
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 9 minutes later

Good for prompt response.

Yes, at times it could happen without any obvious reason.

As he is not having any problem with his vision and he is not having other problems like headache etc.I think you can wait and continue the treatment as advised.

Still, it is better that when you visit him again, you should understand from treating doctor or his assistant about what exactly the problem is. You have right to be informed and I am sure your doctor would never mind explaining it.

Do keep regular follow ups to check for the progress.

Dr.Pragnesh