Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, have bleeding with clots but no pain and also have panic attacks?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 7251 Questions
I am 16w 3d pregnant and i keep bleending bright red blood from my vaginal area, i have had clots come out but no pain associated with it. i am suffering from pretty bad panic attacks
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Exclude low-lying placenta, cervical causes

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us.

Here are a few possibilities that I would like to suggest as the cause of your bleeding-
1. cervical causes like erosion may bleed with slightest trauma since vascularity to the area is increased during pregnancy.
2. if the placenta is lying low it may bleed after a vaginal examination or sexual intercourse. A sonogram is necessary to exclude this cause.
3. Hypertension. In view of your past history of preeclampsia, monitoring of blood pressure should be initiated very early. Utero-placental insufficiency also should be checked for.
4. Hormonal insufficiency as the placenta takes over the function from the corpus luteum. This usually manifests at 12-14 weeks.

Having considered all these factors, I would ask you to report the matter at once to your consultant, get admitted if needed for observation, take absolute bed rest and avoid intercourse. You will need blood counts, bleeding and clotting time, sonogram and urinalysis. Once, the causative factor is identified, specific treatment can be initiated. Please do not panic as this will affect your pregnancy; please follow your doctor's instructions.

Hope your query is clarified. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor