I am now 4weeks and 6 days pregnant, I got positive pregnancy test. Please help me in next step of what I should do
If you plan to continue the pregnancy, you need to start be started on folic acid supplement in the dose of 5mg per day. Folic acid is available in India as "Tablet Folvite 5mg" - you can take this one tablet a day for the next 3 months. You also need to get your blood sugar, hemoglobin, TSH level, HbsAg, VDRL and HIV test done. Early ultrasound scan at around 5-6 weeks is also advised.
The entire list is routine tests done during the first antenatal check up. You can visit a gynecologist nearby. He/she can examine your general condition and can write for the test.
Avoid strenuous physical activities. Avoid uncooked or partially cooked non-vegetarian food including seafood and eggs. Include plenty of iron and calcium XXXXXXX food in your diet.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment to get pregnant
- Which symptoms suggest that a woman is pregnant
- Pregnant suggest healthy diet plan
- Pregnant with something white in urine suggestions
- Pregnant nauseated sickness nausea suggestion
- Pregnant stomach pain diarrhea suggestions
- Pregnant want to terminate pregnancy suggest
- Pink discharge spotting pregnant suggestions
- Pregnant suggestions about food and exercises
- Bloated stomach not pregnant no ibs suggestion