Pregnant. Prescribed susten 200. How should I use it?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Question: I am 2 month pregnant,my doctor advised me to use susten 200,but i don't know how to use it so give me some guidance to use that tablet.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 28 minutes later

Susten contains natural micronized progesterone which helps in continuation of the pregnancy.
It can be used either once a day or twice a day depending on your doctor's advice and the cause for which she prescribed it.
If you are not having any problem and the drug prescribed prophylactically only, then once a day is enough generally.
It can be taken orally or can be used vaginally. So, better to consult your doctor once again to get clarification regarding the dosage and route of administration she prescribed.
Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 15 minutes later
my doctor advised to take vaginally, how to use the tablet in vagina, any pictorial representation for this, kindly provide me
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

You can just insert the tablet into the vagina as deeply as possible with your finger or with applicator.
You can see related pictures on the drug information paper which will present in the tablet pack.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 34 minutes later
doctor suggested me for using this tablet due to little bit bleeding, if i used this tablet continuously, whether bleeding will stopped or not, and also provide pictorial representation for how to keep the tablet in vagina.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 hours later

Yes, susten can help in controlling the bleeding due to progesterone deficiency.
Here is one article showing vaginal insertion of tablet. It is not susten they are showing, but you can just see the diagram to understand how to keep the tablet with the applicator.
http://mcs.open.ac.uk/nlg/old_projects/pills/corpus/PIL/data/Novo_Nordisk/Vagifem/Vagifem.html
In the same method you can keep the tablet with finger also.