Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Planning for penile implant. Looking for suggestion

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
I am 67 yoa, marrying a 30 yoa. Help!!! Couldn't , didn't want to have sex with my X. Want to with my new and young spouse. Help!! Am interested in penile implant?? How much does it cost? Is the permanent implant the best??

email: YYYY@YYYY
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 10 hours later
Dear sir,

From your description it appears that you are not having erection. I shall like to know whether you are a diabetic or not. I shall also be interested in repeating the lipid profile. In addition to lipid profile, you should gt serum testosterone levels done. You should see urologist for your condition and hopefully he shall be able to treat you with medications.

Penile implant is the last resort. It is chosen only when oral medications as well local penile injections have failed. If desired you should have the permanent inflatable penile implant in place and the surgery for it shall cost approximately twenty two thousand dollars.

All the best


Rajiv goel
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor