Pelvic pain, fever. Diagnosis?
Age: 5 almost 6
Height: 4+ ft
Weight: Around 50lbs
Issue: My son has been experiencing pain just above where his penis connects with the lower abdomen. Also, we checked him, and he appears to be running a fever somewhere in the range of 100 to 101 degrees. He is completely aware of his surroundings, seems more than interested in talking, but doesnt seem to be as active as usual (he is all over the place normally). Any ideas what might be going on?
Thanks for the query.
Pain in lower abdomen, along with fever in most of the cases points towards urinary tract infections are commonly found and would be better to rule out any lower urinary tract obstruction as he has history of fever on and off.
The most common symptoms produced due to Urinary tract infections are fever might be associated with chills, burning sensation while urinating, increase in frequency of urination and sometimes with abdominal pain.
It would be better to get an urine examination after discussing with your doctor and complete evaluation like Abdominal ultrasound would be required along with a course of antibiotics if any infection is present.
Decreased activity is due to his abdominal pain and fever from which he will recover once he is relieved of his symptoms.
Meanwhile you can follow these measures:
1.Ask to him drink lots of fluids like water and fruit juices
2.Cranberry juice if available in your place is medically proven to prevent Urinary tract infections
3.Ask him to consume lots of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and fruits
4.Sponge bath twice or thrice a day will help in reducing fever
5.Anti spasmodics for his abdominal pain, after discussing with your doctor.
Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Testicular pain,lower abdominal pain,inguinal pain
- Bleeding bump at back of head after getting hurt,nauseousness while...
- Is delayed periods post unprotected sex a sign of pregnancy?
- What dietary changes do I need to make to avoid bleeding in stools?
- What could be the cause of lump formation on the outer ear leading to pain?
- Colonoscopy, sissel polyp, bleeding, constipation
- Is it possible to analyze the patency in case of sex with multiple...
- Miscarriage, trying to conceive, ovulating, CT scan radiation, postpone...
- Rectal pressure, tail bone pain, no problem in bowels, inflammation,...
- Can the medicine applied to the anus cause side effects?