Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Pelvic pain, fever. Diagnosis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Sex: Male
Age: 5 almost 6
Height: 4+ ft
Weight: Around 50lbs

Issue: My son has been experiencing pain just above where his penis connects with the lower abdomen. Also, we checked him, and he appears to be running a fever somewhere in the range of 100 to 101 degrees. He is completely aware of his surroundings, seems more than interested in talking, but doesnt seem to be as active as usual (he is all over the place normally). Any ideas what might be going on?
Mon, 21 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

Pain in lower abdomen, along with fever in most of the cases points towards urinary tract infections are commonly found and would be better to rule out any lower urinary tract obstruction as he has history of fever on and off.

The most common symptoms produced due to Urinary tract infections are fever might be associated with chills, burning sensation while urinating, increase in frequency of urination and sometimes with abdominal pain.

It would be better to get an urine examination after discussing with your doctor and complete evaluation like Abdominal ultrasound would be required along with a course of antibiotics if any infection is present.

Decreased activity is due to his abdominal pain and fever from which he will recover once he is relieved of his symptoms.

Meanwhile you can follow these measures:
1.Ask to him drink lots of fluids like water and fruit juices
2.Cranberry juice if available in your place is medically proven to prevent Urinary tract infections
3.Ask him to consume lots of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and fruits
4.Sponge bath twice or thrice a day will help in reducing fever
5.Anti spasmodics for his abdominal pain, after discussing with your doctor.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor