Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Painful to move neck, have fibromyalgia, may have twisted neck in sleep. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2348 Questions
I think I have twisted my neck in my sleep I have fibromayagia but this is a different type of pain, its every time I move my neck, Its very painful, What should I do?
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 26 minutes later

Thanks for the query

According to the description, you seem to be having a sprain in the neck muscles. This is due to wrong posture maintained during your sleep.

Do not worry! This is a simple problem. You need to take muscle relaxant with a pain killer (such as a combination of tizanidine and diclofenac) and a topical pain killer like diclofenac gel (Volini gel). Avoid sudden neck movements for few days till the pain subsides.

With the above measures you should be alright. If the problem persists even after 3-4days please consult your doctor.

Hope I have answered the query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor