Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Painful swelling and lump in the testicular sac after hernia surgery. On antibiotics. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12760 Questions
My husband had a double hernia surgery in March of last yr...his testicular sac swelled to the size of a grapefruit.. two weeks later the drs finally acknowledged there was a problem, they started removing the fluid via syringe..roughly 3 different times. Then the problem was still worse.. almost 2 months after first sugery they said he had a hydrocele and they needed to put a stint in. They did this at the end of may/early XXXXXXX The pain is excrutiating to this day and they have put him on and off of anitbiotics and pain meds and anit inflammatory..when we call the dr he either doesn't believe him or his office says he's on vacation. He's had an ultra sound and it came back with alot of infected tissue in his testicular sac not to mention the Dr. sent him for a Xray of his back (he said he may be a pinched nerve) nothing came back with that. Also the Dr. injected a high dosage of antibiotics right into the site of the infection. That was 3 months ago. Its now almost January and he's in alot of pain, it's still swollen on the one side and the other testicle has a pea sized lump on it (we found it yesturday) but the dr is on "vacation". What should we do? P.S.- We already seen different specialists in the same office.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Your husband is already taking anti inflammatories and antibiotics for the inflamed tissue in his testicular sac.
The pea sized swelling on the other testis needs to be examined and an ultrasound or FNAC may be needed to know the nature of swelling.
Chronic conditions like uncontrolled diabetes needs to be ruled out. I suggest you to consult a urologist for further evaluation and treatment.
I'm limited here with the inability to examine your husband, hence I'll not be able to give you more information regarding the possibilities and further treatment.
A second opinion from a urologist will guide you further about the treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor