Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Pain on tip of penis during urination. What is the problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 632 Questions
i feel pain on my penis tip sometimes...very intense sometime and i feel pain in toilet ...i continuously used to go toilet happan for about 30-45 used to happen in frequency of 5-6 days...i m feeling same from about 5 years....
Posted Mon, 18 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 12 minutes later
Thanks for your query. Pain on tip of penis during urination is indicative of recurrent prostate gland or sexually transmitted diseases. The simple and practical advise is to drink plenty of water. If the pain is unresolved, you need to undergo urine culture-sensitivity test to pick up any pathogens as well as screen for sexually transmitted diseases (eg VDRL). Effective antibiotics are available and hence you need not worry. I would assure you that it is a common condition and the above mentioned causes are fully treatable.
Dr Sundar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain on tip of penis during urination. What is the problem? 43 hours later
Thax Doc..

Should i go for a pathology test for confirmation and if required pls may not be sexually transmitted disease as i am unmarried and have not done sexual intercourse but used to masturbate sometimes....

and because i started feeling pain while working in office and i feel very awkward to go to toilet again and again and also this pain sometimes became very intense and hard to if any good antibiotic is there for immediate relief please tell (should be available in indian market Hyderabad).....or if i need to go through any medical treatment for please tell.

and if u know any good Doctor in Hyderabad (near Secundrabad area) pls recommand.

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 9 minutes later
You can do an urine culture-sensitivity test. It is unlikely to be STD since you have no history of sexual contacts. You can try T.Norfloxacin 400 mg twice a day for 5 days. You can also take T.Citralka 10 ml in half glass of water twice a day for 4 days. However, try doing the test before taking medication since the report may then show negative. Since I am based in Delhi, i would not be able to provide a referral in Hyderabad. You can google for a urologist there. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor