What causes pain in the lower abdomen?
Need to consultqualified Urologist to rule out Enlarged Prostate .
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted .Pain in lower abdomen associated with difficulty in emptying bladder is mostly due to Enlarged Prostate which is common at this age .
Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
In the mean while start taking Tomsulosin once daily along with Norfloxacin and Nitrofurantoin twice daily
Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having sudden pain in lower abdomen what is causing this
- Persisting pain in the lower abdomen what is causing this
- What causes increasing pain in lower abdomen
- What causes pain in lower abdomen with fluttering
- What is the cause for pain in right lower abdomen
- What causes pain in lower abdomen with bloating
- What could cause a sudden pain on the lower abdomen
- What are the causes of abdomen pain
- What causes lower abdomen pain during pregnancy
- What could cause sharp pain at the lower abdomen
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?