Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Pain in hips and legs, may be piles. Can you please advise a remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
i am a female aged 32 years. height 5 feet 2 inches, weight 77 kgs, i thik i have a severe problem of piles. its been in existence since few years. but has worsened now. for the past 5-6 days the pain has incresed and has now flown to the hips and one full leg. not able to understand whom to contact. can you pls advice remedy for this. the pain in the leg is incresing day by day.
i am also facing one more problem in the breast. my left breast since 6-8 months has become a bit heavy and feel it has become a bit hard. have tried to examine whether i can feel any lump but not able to. feels like the muscle have tightened and have become painful. pls advice whats to be done. the problem worsens when the monthly cycle is nearing.
i stay at navi Mumbai, Vashi, and want to consult a good female doctor for this.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 46 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

I shall answer to both of your queries here:

1] Piles: Piles start paining if they are associated with fissure or they get thrombosed [Bleeding inside the piles]

Are you constipated?
Do you bleed while passing stool?
Is there some lump outside?

The best remedy for piles is to control constipation. Warm Sitz bath with anti inflammatory medications can be tried to reduce your symptoms. If your symptoms do not respond to these measures, then I suggest you to visit a surgeon who is experienced in treating piles (gender hardly matters). Surgical treatment may be needed.

As far as a good surgeon near your locality, I do not have any personal references. You might search for the doctors on google / yellow pages. Alternatively, You can search for a doctor in your area here - WWW.WWWW.WW There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor.
Basically I would advise go for an experienced surgeon as results are important.

2] The issue with breast is that there are some hormonal changes going on in the body during menses and some of them reflect to the breast in form of fibroadenosis. There will be no lump but granular feel will be there.

Is there any discharge or bleeding from the nipple?
Is the other breast absolutely Ok?

Vitamin E and Antiinflammatory medicines might benefit you in such cases. You may get these medicine prescribe by a surgeon or a gynecologist.

The condition is unlikely to harm you, but if you are very concerned with the breast issue, then I suggest you to go for ultrasound examination and mammography.

Hope I have answered your query. In case of any more queries revert back, will be glad to help you out

Get Well Soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor