Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Pain in corner of eye, face swollen. Later had fever. CT scan showed periapical abscess. Performed mini root canal. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
Hello! My husband started feeling pain in the corner of his eye on Saturday 4-7 and when he woke up Sunday morning his whole left side of his face was swollen. His eye was not hurting anymore. Later that night he ran a fever and I took him to urgent care......they gave him a antibiotic injection and referred us to an ENT Dr. the next morning. Well on Monday, we went to the ENT Dr. and she wanted him to get a CT scan with contrast......the scan showed a periapical abscess and we then rushed him to his dentist and he performed a XXXXXXX root canal around 6:30 pm......the next morning (Tuesday) my husband started his antiobiotics Amoxicillan tid for 10 days, Clendomycin tid for 5 days, and hydrocodon prn. Well this morning my husband woke up with a sore throat and around 5:00 today he has been running a fever, having chills, stuffy nose, and just feeling ill. Is this part of the healing process or should I be concerned?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
You seem to have developed a viral sore throat and it does not seem to have any connection with the treatment you are taking.
You are already taking antibiotics for your dental procedure and must not be stopped.
Take steam inhalation
Take hot liquids and avoid cold drinks
Can take paracetamol for your fever
Use some nasal decongestant for few days.
You must consult your doctor and tell him the present condition
You shall be alright in 4 to 5 days.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor