On pill. Had unprotected intercourse. Is there a possibility of being pregnant?

Posted on Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Question: So, i've been taking the pill for 3 years now and have been taking it roughly around the same time everyday. on the 3rd my boyfriend and i had sex. After the first time he wiped himself after removing the condom. On the second time around he entered without a condom but did not come inside. According to my calendar the 4th would be an ovulation day. I have a regular 29 day cycle. Is there a possibility of being pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 38 minutes later

Welcome,

As you are taking contraceptive pill regularly at the same time without failure, chances of contraceptive pill are negligible.

If condom was intact after first intercourse, there are no chances of pregnancy due to first intercourse.

Though your boyfriend washed it after first intercourse, but part of semen will remain present in urethra till he pass urine.

Thus during second intercourse, sperms present in urethra due to previous discharge can be transmitted to your vagina. But due to regular contraceptive pill there should be no pregnancy.

Contraceptive pills prevent ovulation.

Good wishes,
Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma