On lisinopril and hydrocholothiazide. Found pregnancy. Are there any side effects to an unborn?
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.
Lisinopril is a category D medication and Hydrochlorthiazide is a category C medication.
It is good that you stopped the medication.
Category C and D medications affect the growing baby and should be avoided during pregnancy.
During the first 2 weeks of pregnancy, it is more of implantation of the fertilized egg in the uterus and growth of the baby occurs after that.
Discuss about this with your doctor and get a prescription of an alternative medication which belongs to category A or B.
I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lisinopril and potassium side effects
- Lisinopril and gout side effects
- Counteracting side effects of lisinopril
- Lisinopril side effects bloating
- Lisinopril side effects burp
- Side effects of arginine and lisinopril
- Lisinopril intoxication side effect
- Side effects of lisinopril tablets
- Lisinopril side effects peyronie's
- Lisinopril side effects bananas