On coversyl for high blood pressure. Started erectile dysfunction. Is this due to medicine?
I'm a 56 year old man who's on the medication coversyl for high blood pressure. Lately I've been having problems keeping an erection...could be this be a side effect of the medication. I've been on the medication for 6 months....and am concerned because I still have a good relationship and love my wife....could you please help me with this problem.
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
Sexual problem is a described side effect of the medicine. If you can relate both, changing it would be wise under the supervision of your physician.
Other things that could help are
1. Empty stomach at bed time (early dinner- this will help the penis get enough blood flow during the act.
2. Prolonged foreplay.
3. Control of sugar if diabetic.
4. Quitting smoking if you happen to be a smoker.
5. Diet XXXXXX in dry fruits.
If these are not working out, kindly consult your physician for erection enhancing medicines.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ginger and high blood pressure medicine
- High blood pressure headache medicine
- Best high blood pressure medicine
- High blood pressure medicine amlodipine
- What are the medicines for high blood pressure
- High blood pressure medicine cyclopam
- High blood pressure medicine losartan
- Amway medicines for high blood pressure
- Apidexin and high blood pressure medicine
- Natural high blood pressure medicine
- Can medicine cure irritation of penis due to oral sex with a sex worker?
- Burning sensation while urinating,bladder pains,involuntary urination.
- Does masturbation cause problems with erection?
- Penile blood, viagra, mixed with urine, no pain
- Is there a medicine to treat GERD ?
- How can I increase my penis size and improve my sex life ?
- Foul smell in urine, on medication, rose color gel for ulcer pain,...
- Pain while urination. Infection detected. No stones in CT scan. Cure?
- Bleeding from penis, no blood in urine, CT scan normal, used to...
- Have Brown Sequard Syndrome, ejaculation affected. Taking Viagra. What...