Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Nuclear stress test showed area of mild inferior wall ischemia. What should be done next?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
Nuclear stress test shows area of mild inferior wall ischemia, what would be the appropriate next step? Left ventricular systolic function is 65%
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 59 minutes later
i and thanks for your question.
This is a test done to look for blockages in the heart arteries. An abnormal stress test usually means that you have blockage in heart arteries. A nuclear stress test result should be interpreted in the light of a person’s symptoms, his risk for coronary artery disease etc. The nuclear stress test has the ability to quantify the severity of abnormality. Further tests for coronary artery disease after a nuclear stress test should be considered based on several different factors. If needed, usual next step is a coronary angiogram.
Ventricular systolic function is 65% require clinical correlation to see if there are any signs of heart failure. Because there is only slight inferior wall ischemia, invasive techniques like stents might generally be avoided from these early stages.
Proper evaluation of cardiovascular risk and management of risk factors by a cardiologist is actually required at this stage. I suggest you stick to advice of your treating physician, especially on proper BP control and aspirin or anti platelet aggregant therapy.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Feel free asking follow up questions if need be, will be honored answering.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor