Noticed swelling on forehead. What might be causing this?

Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: recently i noticed that my forehead gets swollen without any pain its starts very small and by the next day it becomes bigger after a day or two it goes away please i want to know what might be the cause of this
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing your query.

It will be helpful if give some information about :-
1. your sleep pattern.
2. Type of work you are doing.
3. Any feeling of anxiety or stress?
4. Any problem in vision?
5. Any history of cold or sinus infection?

There might be a possibility that you are having some stress or anxiety, giving you a feeling that the size of your forehead is changing.

I hope this is helpful to you. The above information can help us plan your treatment more effectively.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. R.A. Singh 39 hours later
no its real that i get this swelling on my forehead sometimes and it goes down after some days, it actually swells up a little by the first day its not itchy really but each time it starts swelling i notice it, and by the next day it becomes bigger

i am a software engineer and i use the computer for hours daily
no vision problem but i am asthmatic and react to cold easily i eat garlic allot and raw ginger sometimes i dont sleep at nights until about 4 or 5 in the morning because i am on the computer working or writing programs
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 8 hours later
Thanks for your response.

Avoid working continuously on computers for long durations. Have few minutes’ rest every hour while working, as this will relax the muscles.

I would suggest that you should get yourself examined medically at the time when the swelling is present.
Also, get an X-Ray PNS (Para Nasal Sinuses) done to rule out any sinus inflammation.

Try to get at least 6-8 hours sleep in the night. If due work you are not able to sleep at night, give rest to your body during daytime but I would suggest that night sleep is more beneficial.

I hope this answers your query. If you have any more queries, please mention.
Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E