Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Noticed something on the side of penis under skin. Can move it. What can this be?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9585 Questions
I have somthing on the side of my penis twords the head. Its under the skin and hard and a hole in the center of it. I can move it around its about the size of a tic tac any ideas on what it could be and can i cut it off myself
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is asebaceous cyst.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have what is called as Sebaceous cyst over your penis.

The penile skin is XXXXXXX in sebaceous glands and hence prone to get more sebaceous cyst due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin.

Normally they fade away without treatment however they need to be treated if increase in size or get infected.

Please consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical evaluation and further treatment.

You need to get it excised in Toto under local anaesthesia .

There is nothing to be worried about ,It is a small surgery done as a Out patient procedure and will resolve your problem permanently.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor