Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed penis hole getting larger and burning while urinating. How to heal this problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6247 Questions
A couple days ago I noticed that the hole of my penis was slightly larger. As the days passed, it has gotten larger and it also burns when I urinate. It looks like a knife slit going downwards towards my testicles. I am freaking out and I have no idea what to do. What could it be? And how do i heal this? And also, how long will it take to heal? Thank you!
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Hello dear,
The increase in size of the hole is apparent.

That means due to infection there is mild oedema, which is making it look bigger.

Burning pain during urination is classic of antibiotics.

Please XXXXXXX a physician as soon as possible.

For now drink lot of water with alkaline mixture.

This alkaline mixture is easily available over the counter in any medical shop.

Please don't delay much as urinary tract infection can have various complications, like involvement of bladder, testicles etc.

Hope I answered your query.

Feel free to ask any further doubt.

Wishing you good health.

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed penis hole getting larger and burning while urinating. How to heal this problem? 23 hours later
I went to a walk-in and they are testing me for chlamydia also. I have only had a clearish-white discharge once, and that was a week or maybe longer after my first symptoms. I am so scared about waiting on the results so I was wondering if a discharge is possible with a UTI. I have only had unprotected sex with one girl (my girlfriend) and she has been tested for STD's (about a month ago). My symptoms again are pain when urinating (unless I am very hydrated), enlarged urethra, and one time of some discharge. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later

It looks to be UTI however there is possibility of being STD as well.

As most of STD are silent in females and show their manifestation in males. so it is not necessary that if your girlfriend does not have any symptoms, even you wont have.

I suggest to wait for results, and why to worry even if it is chlamydia, it is completely curable.

HIV does not manifest like this and not so early so don't worry.

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor