Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

184 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Noticed painless pink growth on vagina. How to get rid of it?

Answered by
Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi


Practicing since :1997

Answered : 1037 Questions

Posted on Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: I have a bright pink oval shaped growth not far inside my vagina like by the hymen area which gives no pain except during sex. . What is it and can it be removed?
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 50 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
This could be any thing from an infected hair follicle, an infected or clogged vestibular gland, a viral wart or may be a tumor ( God forbid).
I suggest you should see a Gynecologist for confirmation of the diagnosis. Most swellings can be removed by excision biopsies. You should discuss this during your consultation visit.
Hope I have given you the desired information. please write back if you have any question.
Wish you good health
Best regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 34 hours later
I already went to my doctor (British National Health service) but she used a speculum and said she couldnt see anything, yet it is visible to me just using a mirror. She just said she had found no 'cyst' so I shouldn't worry, but referred me to a specialist but my appointment is not till 13 Dec. and I am very worried.

Now I seem to have TWO little oval lumps on this bit of skin inside. Does this help the diagnosis? Now it is very uncomfortable to have sex, whereas it wasn't before , yet I have a new boyfriend!

Also it may be that I have had this over-sensitive patch of skin all my life, I have asked several doctors but they could never see anything; now it is inflamed. Does that mean anything to you?
Thanks so much!
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 30 hours later
Thanks for your question & very sorry for being late.
I have two suggestions for you:
1. I don't know the doctor you have seen was a Gynecologist or not; If not, consider visiting a Gynecologist especially if you are very sure that there is some definite swelling. If you have already seen a Gynecologist you should take a second opinion for confirmation.
2. If there is really no organic lesion but you still have painful spots then the likely diagnosis is Vulvodynia. But only a Gynecologist can diagnose it after excluding other causes.
Now coming back to your question, as you are dependent on NHS for referrals then you may like to try some local anaesthetic jells for symptomatic relief while waiting for your appointment ( like Xylocaine jelly or lignocaine jelly etc. which ever is available in your area provided you are not allergic to it).
Hope my answer will be helpful to you. Please write back if you have any other question.
Have a great day.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Vulvodynia

doctor1 MD

I recently had cystitis. When my period came I felt pain after urinating (not while) which lasted for an hour or so. Then it went away. Now I have a whitish vaginal discharge which is thick. It does not itch, burn or smell. Is it possible that this is normal vaginal discharge or not? And the pain after urination is still here. Is it possible that I have some kind of an infection which is not a UTI but something vaginal instead which is causing the burning after peeing?

doctor1 MD

I am having severe pain in my vagina about every 15 seconds--standing is better then sitting or lying down.

doctor1 MD

i have vaginal infection and i face the problem of icthing,burnind and also pain sometimes. my doctor advice me to take cligen forte. i want to become pregnent. is this medicine causes any problem to me and will after taking this medicine i cure completely? please suggest me.

doctor1 MD

I am 80yrs old And have vulvodynia . I have tried everything presently taking amyltrytolene and cortisone I percent. Most burning and pain.Nothing has helped. Started 7 months ago after 7days on ampicillin for a dental problem.I need help.

doctor1 MD

Hello, I had a d and c after a failed miscarriage 3 months ago. I still have clitoris pain during oral sex . Will I ever be healed?

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have been diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis and a friend told me about Uribel. Can you tell me what this is and if it would help with my IC? Also, my bladder symptoms are somewhat under control but I have chronic pelvic pain around my right ovary. Is this common with IC patients?