Noticed erectile dysfunction, loose scrotal sac and weight gain after doing exercise. Cause and cure?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Question: I am 27 year old married boy. What is the effect of doing exercise - (Heavy weight excercise) without wearing proper supporter. I have gained my weight by doing such exercise but I think my supporter was not so perfect and that made my genitals go weak and also my penis is always numb as if there is no life left in it. My testicles have also grown slightly big as if they have got extra water in them. My scrotum is so loose providing my testicles enough space to move. I know its not the case with a normal guy. I am pretty hopeful that you experts can help me live my life happily by suggesting some natural remedy that can make my penis look and work normal. I have no problem doing yoga or any form of exercise as long as I can get to my normal being. I got married 2 months back, I have already faced embarrassment in front of my wife. I have to make excuses that it is the pressure that is causing this problem and I have to now depend on Viagra to perform. Please do something for me. I am begging you. Awaiting your reply with great hope.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it seems that apart from appearance of loose scrotal sac you are facing problem of getting hard erection to perform the sex.
You are doing heavy weight exercise regularly and you think your scrotum to be lax due to not wearing proper scrotal support.There is a variation in laxity of scrotal sac form person to person and even from season to season .so you should not be worried about the laxity of scrotal sac and be sure that it is not due to not wearing a proper support..

The testis has to be freely mobile in scrotal sac to move upward and downward to maintain the its own temperature which is important factor for spermatogenesis.

If you suspect your Testicles to be bigger than normal and there is extra water around it ,consult some surgeon for clinical examination as it is the only way to get it confirmed.

The problem of Erectile Dysfunction that you are facing seems to be mind related and due to anxiety.Following measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good erection.
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes(Which you are already doing) followed by meditation
For 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet XXXXXXX in vegetables and fruits and vit A,C,D,E.
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Spent more time in foreplay..
5) If you are taking Viagra to get erection there is no harm in taking it for couple of days.Once you start getting hard erection you can certainly stop it .

Since you are recently married you are bound to get embarrassed because of problem of Erectile Dysfunction Please take your wife in confidence and explain her that this is temporary phase and can be cured..You have to be calm and allay your anxiety and be sure that this phase will be over in a short period of time.Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions ,I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil. .
.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Thank you for replying in time Dr XXXXXXX I have tried long foreplay before the intercourse but it doesn't seem to be achieving full erection. I am worried about the fact that it used to be normal size and it never felt numb. I know anxiety plays a bad role during the act but then it should not feel numb always. I am a medical student, I know that testis will need their movement but my scrotum is not getting tight even during the act. Is there some medication or way out that can make it look normal for always. It is fine when erected but I don't get confidence to pee in front of people as it looks small and flaccid. Surely, gymming has done some damage to my genitals. I will now start wearing proper supporter while exercising. Please try your best helping me.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
You are a medical student so you know how the anxiety plays major hurdle in resolving any medical problem. The size of the penis in flaccid state has no significance at all, it is the hardness on erection that is important for the sexual act and to satisfy a female partner. One does not needan erection or strong penis while passing urine .Do not give too much importance to how your penis looks while urinating.
As regards to the issue about damage to the genitals because of exercise, I would like to say that in no way exercise damages the genitals, unless there has been a physical injury. I hope you will get rid of your anxiety and be fine soon.
Best
Dr.Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 34 hours later
Thanks for your reply, Dr XXXXXXX
Ok, I'll try my best to control my anxiety and fear of failing. Can you suggest which yoga asanas will help me in getting good blood flow to my genitals and to make it perform better. I also read that drinking 1 glass pomegranate juice helps in increasing testosterones level. Is that correct? How often should I have sex? I mean, is there any harm if we do it daily? Does consuming Viagra have any side effects on my genitals? Should I go for a penis blood flow test to see if there is no problem with the blood flow? I also need to know if it's only the lack of blood flow to my genitals causing this problem as I never had any accident. Does taking Viagra over a long period of time make us dependent on the drug and stop us performing naturally(without taking the pill)?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Hello
Thanks for writing back. I will try to answer your queries point to point.

1) Regarding Yoga.I do not have much knowledge about particular asanas. However it is said that Pranayama and Kapalbhati help to improve sexual potency.You can take help of well trained Yoga Instructor
.
2) You can drink Pomegrenate Juice daily as it will provide you Vit B,C.E

3) You can continue taking Viagra there is no harm in taking it over a long time unless you have any cardiac problem.It will not have any adverse effect on your Genitals.

4) Normally blood flow test to Penis ( Cavernography) is advised if one does not get erection at all .So there is no need to do in your case.

I think you may be reading too many articles on internet that is confusing you too much rather than helping you .Please remember half knowledge is more harmful than ignorance,So please be calm and composed and give nature some time to resolve your issues. Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil