Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

147 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Noticed erectile dysfunction, loose scrotal sac and weight gain after doing exercise. Cause and cure?

Answered by
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 9838 Questions

Posted on Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Question: I am 27 year old married boy. What is the effect of doing exercise - (Heavy weight excercise) without wearing proper supporter. I have gained my weight by doing such exercise but I think my supporter was not so perfect and that made my genitals go weak and also my penis is always numb as if there is no life left in it. My testicles have also grown slightly big as if they have got extra water in them. My scrotum is so loose providing my testicles enough space to move. I know its not the case with a normal guy. I am pretty hopeful that you experts can help me live my life happily by suggesting some natural remedy that can make my penis look and work normal. I have no problem doing yoga or any form of exercise as long as I can get to my normal being. I got married 2 months back, I have already faced embarrassment in front of my wife. I have to make excuses that it is the pressure that is causing this problem and I have to now depend on Viagra to perform. Please do something for me. I am begging you. Awaiting your reply with great hope.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it seems that apart from appearance of loose scrotal sac you are facing problem of getting hard erection to perform the sex.
You are doing heavy weight exercise regularly and you think your scrotum to be lax due to not wearing proper scrotal support.There is a variation in laxity of scrotal sac form person to person and even from season to season .so you should not be worried about the laxity of scrotal sac and be sure that it is not due to not wearing a proper support..

The testis has to be freely mobile in scrotal sac to move upward and downward to maintain the its own temperature which is important factor for spermatogenesis.

If you suspect your Testicles to be bigger than normal and there is extra water around it ,consult some surgeon for clinical examination as it is the only way to get it confirmed.

The problem of Erectile Dysfunction that you are facing seems to be mind related and due to anxiety.Following measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good erection.
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes(Which you are already doing) followed by meditation
For 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet XXXXXXX in vegetables and fruits and vit A,C,D,E.
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Spent more time in foreplay..
5) If you are taking Viagra to get erection there is no harm in taking it for couple of days.Once you start getting hard erection you can certainly stop it .

Since you are recently married you are bound to get embarrassed because of problem of Erectile Dysfunction Please take your wife in confidence and explain her that this is temporary phase and can be cured..You have to be calm and allay your anxiety and be sure that this phase will be over in a short period of time.Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions ,I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil. .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Thank you for replying in time Dr XXXXXXX I have tried long foreplay before the intercourse but it doesn't seem to be achieving full erection. I am worried about the fact that it used to be normal size and it never felt numb. I know anxiety plays a bad role during the act but then it should not feel numb always. I am a medical student, I know that testis will need their movement but my scrotum is not getting tight even during the act. Is there some medication or way out that can make it look normal for always. It is fine when erected but I don't get confidence to pee in front of people as it looks small and flaccid. Surely, gymming has done some damage to my genitals. I will now start wearing proper supporter while exercising. Please try your best helping me.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
You are a medical student so you know how the anxiety plays major hurdle in resolving any medical problem. The size of the penis in flaccid state has no significance at all, it is the hardness on erection that is important for the sexual act and to satisfy a female partner. One does not needan erection or strong penis while passing urine .Do not give too much importance to how your penis looks while urinating.
As regards to the issue about damage to the genitals because of exercise, I would like to say that in no way exercise damages the genitals, unless there has been a physical injury. I hope you will get rid of your anxiety and be fine soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 34 hours later
Thanks for your reply, Dr XXXXXXX
Ok, I'll try my best to control my anxiety and fear of failing. Can you suggest which yoga asanas will help me in getting good blood flow to my genitals and to make it perform better. I also read that drinking 1 glass pomegranate juice helps in increasing testosterones level. Is that correct? How often should I have sex? I mean, is there any harm if we do it daily? Does consuming Viagra have any side effects on my genitals? Should I go for a penis blood flow test to see if there is no problem with the blood flow? I also need to know if it's only the lack of blood flow to my genitals causing this problem as I never had any accident. Does taking Viagra over a long period of time make us dependent on the drug and stop us performing naturally(without taking the pill)?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Thanks for writing back. I will try to answer your queries point to point.

1) Regarding Yoga.I do not have much knowledge about particular asanas. However it is said that Pranayama and Kapalbhati help to improve sexual potency.You can take help of well trained Yoga Instructor
2) You can drink Pomegrenate Juice daily as it will provide you Vit B,C.E

3) You can continue taking Viagra there is no harm in taking it over a long time unless you have any cardiac problem.It will not have any adverse effect on your Genitals.

4) Normally blood flow test to Penis ( Cavernography) is advised if one does not get erection at all .So there is no need to do in your case.

I think you may be reading too many articles on internet that is confusing you too much rather than helping you .Please remember half knowledge is more harmful than ignorance,So please be calm and composed and give nature some time to resolve your issues. Thanks with Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Scrotum

doctor1 MD

i have a blood blister on my scrotum above a vein its no bigger than 1.5mm when i compress the skin theblood dissapears into the vein uppon the release of the skin the blood flows back into the blister. its not tghe first time but they always dissapear they do not easily burst in fact i dont think ive ever physicaly gotten one to burst. the scrotum is heavily veined could it be that my scrotal skin is easily damaged.

doctor1 MD

Hi. I had an angiogram 10 days ago and developed a haematoma in my groin. The bruising there has started to fade but I also have heavy bruising and some pain around my penis and scrotum. This hasn't faded at all and, if anything, has got worse. Is this normal?

doctor1 MD

I am 52, 6 feet tall and weigh 160 pounds. I am very active physically for recreation, either walking or cycling. I cycle more in the summer and about a month ago I noticed nonspecific discomfort in the area between my penis and anus while out cycling immediately after having a double unusual dosage of caffeine for me. I am a physiotherapy (orthopedics) lecturer who has not practiced in almost 20 years. I have palpated the area and found no specific areas of tenderness or swelling though I have varicosities in my scrotum of long standing. I had the prostate blood test this spring and it was negative and this was the second negative test in the past 4 years. I have also had 2 colonoscopies in the last 15 years, both negative. The discomfort has been consistently mild and can be brought on with a full bladder and prolonged sitting (I just sat in a car for 18 hours over the last 2 days). The best way to describe the symptoms is what I have always referred to as blue balls though orgasm has not relieved this problem. Please advise. Thanks.

doctor1 MD

i was kicked in the balls 5 days ago. no pain at all till about 4 days later. slightly uncomfortable but no discolour or visible bruising. balls arent really tender. sort of just a dull ache. ive done the reflex test and my scrotum is still reacting. testes both seem to be laying in the same direction. Is this small pain just part of getting over the trauma or could it be torsion?

doctor1 MD

Can testicular torsion cause LOW grade pain?

doctor1 MD

Ok, I asked about this yesterday in the main forum. After thinking about it and being a little more clear headed, I decided to put it here in the "ask a specialist." Most of my question yesterday went unanswered. What was answered was very short...

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed with intermittent testicular torsion 3 years ago and had orchiopexy performed with non absorbable sutures. Before the surgery my testicle would be backwards (180 degrees) 90% of the time or more and I had pain every day from it....